Thursday, November 28, 2019

Grade 1 Week 14- It's getting chilly, Winter is near!


What we are learning about in Grade 1

Inquiry: People develop an understanding of the Earth's position through exploration and discovery
Learner Profile: Open Minded
Transdisciplinary Skill: Communication Skills- creating an informative non fiction poster
Mathematics: Days of the Week, Months of the Year, Seasons of the Year, Months of the Seasons, Telling time to the hour and half hour. Connection: Calendars and seasons  Seasons song
Reading: Reading comprehension, purpose of Non fiction books (to inform), Guided Reading
Writing: Writing Non Fiction posters using factual information 


 Guided video responses for Maths and Reading


Field Trip to Hamagin Space Museum in Yokohama.
Halid- My favourite thing was the how high you can jump game
Saki- I liked the ball that when you touched it the electricity followed your finger and learning to drive the rocket.
Aiko- I liked to see the planets
Aliyah- My favourite thing was the space playground (astronaut training centre)
Miru- I liked the playground.
Joud- I saw a telescope at the museum
Malena- I liked everything that I saw. I liked everything!
Yuki- I liked the slide that had the balls falling down. I also liked having my Dad there.
Leo- I liked the museum but I hated the bus ride because it was so long and I was feeling bad in the tummy. The Eagle has landed!
Akira- I liked everything.
Abdullah- I liked the game where we were catching the balls
Tatsu- I liked the show in the planetarium










































































Thank you to Vincent (Yuki's Dad) for joining us as our parent helper! It was great to have you there supporting our inquiry learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment